Saturday, March 26, 2011

34 Weeks

Well, I can't believe we have under 6 weeks and counting already with this little girl.  I get excited when I think about the time left, but at the same time I don't know how I am going to make it another six weeks.  The leg cramps, constant back pain, indigestion, and the lack of sleep that I experienced with Dallin only arrived around week 38.  This time around this whole last trimester has been miserable.  All this discomfort in combination with all the decisions and preparations we still need to make for her arrival is a bit overwhelming.  I know I am sounding a little depressing with this post, but my feelings really are bitter sweet at this point.
I have been thinking all along that I was so much bigger with this second pregnancy than with the first because of how I was feeling.  Now I know I wasn't just imagining it because after going to the doctor this week, I am measuring 2 weeks bigger.  And also when I go out in public peoples' jaws drop when I tell them I still have 6 weeks left. (The jaws have been dropping since I was 32 weeks though.) They can't imagine how I could get any bigger.  It's a good thing their comments don't bother me.  We just want a strong and healthy baby.    

2 comments:

Nelson Family said...

Aimee! I'm jealous you have 4 weeks less than me. And the alternative to measuring big is measuring small, which may sound like a good idea, but man it hurts. Here's to the next 4 weeks passing quickly!

Eric and Hannah said...

You look great, Aimee! Hang in there-it will all be worth it! :)