Thursday, March 10, 2011

Feeling Better and Sewing

I am happy to report that everyone is feeling better.  No more sinus infections or bronchitis in this house and all medications have been taken.  On the days that Scott was home he would get up with Dallin and allow me to sleep in.  This is usually how I would find them when I came down stairs.  I love my boys!!
I am so glad to be feeling better and able to get some things done, especially for our little girl who is on the way.  Only 8 more weeks, and I have so much to get ready before she arrives.  Here is what I have been working on.  I am still learning and getting used to my sewing machine, so I have kept the projects fairly simple with bibs and burp cloths.  I fellin love with this fabric and thought it was fun to do them reversible.     
Then the purple ones I decided to get a little more daring and try the flowers with the coordinating fabric on the bibs.  Don't look closely because they are a little messy, but for the most part they turned out okay.  I just have to add the snaps to the bibs and wash them when I get some baby detergent and they will have the fun frayed edges. 

It was fun shopping for the material and making something for our new baby.  At least now I have some girl stuff for when she arrives.  I ended up with 6 bibs and 7 burp cloths.  My baby shower is this weekend, so I am excited to get more girly stuff and then assess what else I need and what else I can make.  I think blankets are on the agenda next or maybe headbands and other accessories. 

2 comments:

Michaela said...

those are so cute, I love your fabric choices! And the flowers turned out great! Glad you guys are all feeling better :)

Stacey and Kyle Nielsen said...

Super cute! Wish I was as crafty and daring as you :) Good luck with the end of your pregnancy! I'm excited for when she arrives, but I'm sure not as much as you are!! I can't believe you only have 8 more weeks left too! So exciting!!