Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!!

We went to see my family in Arkansas for New Year's to celebrate our family Christmas.  We didn't exchange gifts this year except for the kids.  We decided to just do a nice dinner and share stories of how we were able to help serve those in need at this special time of year. 
This is our first family picture in 13 years.  I was only 11 when the last picture was taken and boy how our family has grown.  We are only missing a few people, and we were glad that it turned out so good because it was freezing cold when we took it. 
We decided to take the rest of our pictures inside because of the weather.  This is a four generation picture with my parents and with my moms parents. 
We also thought it was time to update our mother daughter pictures while we were all together.  It was fun to get dressed up and try different poses and locations.  This is one of my favorite ones that we took. 
Dallin was right in the middle of all the cousins and commotion while opening his gifts.
Dallin was quite taken with his cousin Tayton.  Dallin held him for several minutes before he was ready to let go of him.  These are the two youngest grandkids on my side of the family.
We were only going to stay for the weekend and come back home on Sunday, but Scott let me stay the next week so I could visit more with my family. Here is Dallin all dressed up in his chef out fit cooking with his cousin.  He absolutely loved this play kitchen.  I think it was because it made sounds and was interactive for him. 
It was a wonderful trip and great to see all my family and a great time to reflect on the past year.  We had some big changes in our family and we are looking forward to the next year and what it will bring!

1 comment:

Michaela said...

Happy New Year! Looks like you had such a great time with your family! And I love all the pictures! They turned out great!