Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Different Experience This Time Around

As I am well over half way done with this pregnancy I have been reflecting on how this one has differed from when I was pregnant with Dallin.

First of all, I was more sick at the beginning like around week 5- 7.  I was still sick the entire first trimester more so this time, but those few weeks at the beginning were horrible with nausea and such.

My stomach is way more sensitive this time around also.  I have slept with a pillow or fluffy blanket around my belly since before I even started growing a belly which is so different from my first pregnancy.  I didn't sleep with a pillow by my belly the whole time I was pregnant with Dallin. 

I think it is common with most women to have a baby belly sooner on the second and subsequent pregnancies than the first, but mine came very quickyly.  It is nice because the awkward "I just look fat phase" doesn't last long, but Scott would joke around that I was having twins because I was so big so soon. Just one baby on the ultrasound I promise.

Another thing I notice with this pregnancy is that I always feel hungry.  Yes, I did eat more with Dallin, but some days I feel like I haven't eaten all day just an hour or so after eating a well balanced meal.  To ensure baby is getting everything she needs I make sure I am eating fruits and veggies and taking my vitamins instead of grabbing the first thing that comes to mind when I need a snack.  

Dallin liked to stay all tucked up under my ribs which caused them to hurt the last 6 months and made it hard to breathe.  This little girl seems to stick way out because it is easier to see her movements from the outside of my belly already this early.  It could just be the fact that everyone keeps telling me that you carry boys and girls differently. 

So no major differences, but it is funny how you notice the little things amongst all the other stuff that is happening to your body during pregnancy. 

1 comment:

Michaela said...

Isn't a pillow by your belly so much better! I kept the habit even after Cain was born :) It's fun to hear about all the differences between your two pregnancies. And great that she's not in your ribs :)