Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Random

Well, me and the kids get to hang out quite a bit now.  Scott is back in school and is SUPER busy with his courses this semester.  Before he started he created a pretty cool double layer train track on Dallin's train table that he was very proud of.  And Dallin loves it so much he hasn't destroyed it yet.  It's been standing for weeks now.


Scott also took Dallin fishing and he caught his first fish of the summer.  He was so proud of his fish, so of course Scott let him bring it home.  For awhile anytime you asked Dallin about his fish he would tell you the whole story.  "We caught fish, we reeled it in, we cut it, we cook it, and we eat it!"  So funny!!  Sorry the pictures aren't the best but we did document the event. 


I finally got my sewing maching out of storage and decided to make something for Daphnee.  I found a tutorial for a pillowcase dress that was super easy.  I had some scraps I wanted to use up so I pieced my dress together instead of using one piece of fabric, and I also made it smaller so she could wear it soon. 
I also have some matching fabric rosettes (that I had made first) to put on a headband to complete the outfit.


We went camping over Labor Day weekend and had a lot of fun with some of Scott's family that came up from Utah. We floated part of the river with Dallin. They said it was calm and slow moving. Let's just say Dallin and I were completely under water when we went down one of the rapids. Not what we were expecting, but it was a blast!

Daphnee is on a new medicine and we are still struggling with getting her weight up.  We go back to Utah next week to see the Orthopedic doctors again.  Hope you enjoyed the update!!

2 comments:

Stacey and Kyle Nielsen said...

Wow!! You made that dress!! It's adorable!!! Very talented!! I've started to really get into quilting lately, but I haven't dared to take on making an actual clothing piece. It's super cute though!!

Michaela said...

I'm so behind on blogs! I love that dress you made! It is so cute! I can't wait till we are all healthy again and can come visit you guys!!!!