Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dallin's 3rd Birthday

 Dallin turned three on Tuesday.  I know all parents say this, but I really can't believe how fast he is growing up.  We celebrated with having a few friends over.  The kids played while the parents visited.  Then we ate some yummy treats. I like simple parties that don't stress you out so much that you don't enjoy the reason you are celebrating.  
 Dallin requested a "car" birthday this year, so I tried to be creative with the food.  I served chocolate doughnuts and peach rings for "tires" and made "stoplights" with red, yellow and green m&m's on brownies.   Just in case you can't see them from the picture.  Then just cake, ice cream and punch. 
I let Dallin help me make and decorate his cake this year.  Its all he has been talking about for days.  I'm not a professional, but I was pleased with the cake.  Dallin loved it and that's what is important. 
 I had so much fun planning Dallin's party and can't wait to see what theme he will choose for his next birthday. 


2 comments:

Stacey and Kyle Nielsen said...

Such a cute idea! He looks bigger in his picture too. I LOVE the family picture at the end... Perfect!

Michaela said...

I loved the car theme! It was darling! I'm so glad Dallin had a fun time and enjoyed his birthday. Thanks for inviting us :)