Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Love You Dallin

I share a lot about Daphnee, but over the past several months I am getting to know Dallin really well.  He is so patient when I tell him I have to tend to Daphnee.  All the feedings, spit baths, and diaper changes can take longer than usual, and he always is understanding about all the time I use to take care of Daphnee.  We have had many ups and downs over the past several months and Dallin has been amazing through it all. 

When Daphnee starts to fuss or cry I often hear, "It will be ok Daphnee," as Dallin is trying to calm her down.  Its so sweet to see him sharing toys or getting her pacifier for her without being asked by me.  And Daphnee LOVES Dallin.  She is always watching him and concerned with what he is doing.  I can be playing with her, and if Dallin comes into view her focus is all on him and she could care less where I am. 

We tackled a huge mountain a few weeks ago.  Dallin is potty trained!!!!!!!!!  We now only have one child in diapers, and it is wonderful (even though Daphnee wears 2 diapers). 

To keep bragging on Dallin...his new love of puzzles amazes me.  He got a 60 piece puzzle at Thanksgiving time and he can put it together all by himself.  He will ask for help with it, but by the time I get to the table to help him he has already finished it.  He spends hours putting it together over and over. 
Dallin has always been a good boy, and we love him so much.  After adding Daphnee to our family my love for him has grown so much.  He is a wonderful brother to her, and I'm so grateful to be his mother.  

4 comments:

Stacey and Kyle Nielsen said...

What a sweet, good looking kid! Yay for being potty trained!! What a big accomplishment!

Holly and Ryan Vasso said...

isnt it great having two kids? Jaxon loves maya so much as well. Way to go on the potty training! That is always so exciting to get that one done. and hey-impressed by the puzzle! Hes a smart kid!

Jessica said...

You have a beautiful family Aimee!! I just love reading your posts. Dallin and Daphnee are very lucky to have you. :)

W. Scott Smith said...

I love ya, Darlin. You amaze me.