Monday, August 22, 2011

No Dairy


We have been on a mission to find out what is giving Daphnee so much tummy trouble, so I am going to exclude dairy from my diet.  I went off dairy for two weeks already and it seemed to help a little.  She still had some gas and wasn't the best eater, but it seemed to take away her screaming fits and really hurtful gas episodes.  When I added dairy back into my diet it was a horrible week.

So if it gives her any relief at all or helps me with my patience then I am willing to try it again.  When I first thought about doing a no dairy diet I immediately thought, "No milk, cheese, or yogurt...Not a problem."  As I began to think about it more I realized no butter, sour cream, or ice cream. 

My wonderful supportive husband decided to make me breakfast my first morning and he was surprised when I told him that I could not eat the pancakes he had made me.  There was buttermilk in our pancake mix and we had butter flavored syrup.  That was my wake up call that I HAD to read labels.  So, we add bread, salad dressings, and many other things to my "didn't realize they had dairy in them" list of foods I can't eat.   

I know I can make my own bread and I could buy Almond milk  for my cereal, but I would love for you to help me out with some other meal ideas I could make that are dairy free.  You don't have to go search dairy free meals (like I have been doing), but if  you cook something for you family for dinner that is dairy free then think of me and let me know what it was.  Leave a comment, shoot me an email, or even facebook message.  All recipes, tips, or ideas are welcomed!!!  Thanks!!

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Stink...no dairy sounds sooo hard. I'm going to do some research so that when we get back we can have a King's feast fit to your needs : ) a couple more weeks and we'll be back.

Michaela said...

Oh man! A strict no dairy diet would be rough! But if it beats an upset baby then ok. I remember when I figured out Calin's "hate" food, and life was SO much better after that! So I sure hope this works out and Daphnee is much happier now!!
I'm glad Jordan's looking into and planning out our feast once we are reunited again in a few weeks! Yay! I can't wait to meet that cute little gal of yours!