Saturday, February 12, 2011

This Week

Well since it was another snow week here I decided to do some sewing projects.  I got a new sewing machine for Christmas and thought it was time to put away my fears and jump into sewing.  I ABSOLUTELY  love my new machine.  It's simple enough for me to use and perect for me to learn on. 

With a new baby on the way I thought it was a good idea to start with some simple bibs and burp cloths that I could use.  With the warmer weather coming next week I plan on getting some more material to make different ones.  Probably some pretty pink ones are on the way, but I thought the ducks were cute too.
I guess I was feeling crafty this week because I thought our apartment needed a little spice.  With Valentine's Day just around the corner I was inspired to make this cute paper heart garland that I had seen.  It was so easy to make and didn't take me very long, but it puts a smile on my face every time I glance at it. 

Sorry for the lack of pictures in the past couple posts.  I finally got my camera batteries found and charged.  HAHA!!  I know I was just being lazy.  Be prepared for some more posts (with pictures I promise) next week. 

3 comments:

Michaela said...

Yay, I didn't know you got a sewing machine for Christmas, I'm glad you like it! I love baby projects, and can't wait to start some cute girly stuff too :)

Holly and Ryan Vasso said...

hey way to be motivated momma! You are going to love having two kids. It really isn't as hard as you think. At first...yes an adjustment, but then you almost can't remember what you did with your time when you only had one. I am so excited for your new addition!

Juan Carlos Neira said...

SALUDOS DESDE SANTIAGO DE CHILE, MUY HERMOSA FAMILIA Y QUE DIOS LOS BENDIGA.