Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Harvest Time

Last week I spent a lot of time in the kitchen trying freeze some food from our garden. Anyone who has ever planted zucchini before knows that more than likely you will have plenty more than you could possible eat. We have been eating it like crazy and have even shared some of it with friends. It's a good thing that Scott and I love zucchini!!!

Then the apricots in our backyard were ripe also and we didn't want them to go to waste either. I didn't have any experience with preserving apricots but between the internet and my wise mother I think I did a pretty good job.
We picked some corn out of our garden last night to see if it was ready to harvest, and it is!! I love fresh corn out of the garden and am so glad we planted a lot because it was really yummy!!
I'm really glad we decided to plant a garden this year.



No comments: